Sunday, September 14, 2014

Color! Color! Color!

I LOVE contrast. Rather it be in color or shape, I always seem to like the look of things that ….well, contrast. I like the looks of colors that are on the opposite end of the color wheel from each other. For example, for this time of the year, orange with purple and/or green. I also like to contrast shapes. Bold edges with curvy ones. Difference appeals to me. This first card is a prime example. The chevron pattern with the circle background and the orange with the apple green…I just love contrast. I made the next 2 cards for the challenge over at Creative Colors.

I just discovered this blog and really like the idea of adding a color challenge to my list of regular sketch challenge I take on weekly.

They are looking for cards using the colors orange, yellow and white AND use twine.This first card I made for the challenge has a lot of orange and white and I added twine but I was not sure if I added enough yellow when I colored my little guy. He was a challenge himself because I wanted to use my copics to blend these two colors. I was actually pretty pleased with how he turned out! I added the green for the contrast! Had to have it!!!

                                    IMG_0664

I used Liquid Pearls on the hearts and Glossy Accents on the ‘love’, which is a Simon Says Stamp die, and eyes of the little monster, which I downloaded from an Etsy site. The circle he is on is a stitched circle from My Favorite Things. Pattern paper is Echo Park and the embossing plate I used it by Life Style Crafts. The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the twine is from my stash. The ‘EYE’ and ‘YOU” are also stamps from Simon Says Stamps.

 

                                             IMG_0662

For this second card I found these sunflowers in my stash. I thought they worked perfectly with this theme. The pattern paper is old Chatterbox and the circle is cut with a MFT die and stamped with a ‘Knit’ stamp by Impression Obsession using Distress Inks. The bakers twine from Doodlebug and the regular twine is from my stash. The ribbon is from RRR. The ‘Happy’ stamp is form SSS and the ‘Thanksgiving’ is Technique Tuesday.

 

                                                        

                                             Creative Color Challenge #18

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card, Rebekah! Really like that monster card...so fun! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in out Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...