I am loving the fact that I new ‘stamps’ are just a click away at a fraction of the price! Here are a few cards I have made with my resent online purchases and a few tips I have discovered.
1. Always print at least 2 of the image. Why? I do this because I like to practice a bit before actually go to color an image for a card/project. It is not hard to print out images but if you start one and mess up it is a pain to have to go back and print another. Messes with the creative mojo flow!
2. If possible, cut images into the size of your finished card. This gives you options. Do you want to use it as a card front? Or do you want to fussy cut it? This was you have options.
3. Keep printed images in a photo box or another easy-to-look-threw type of storage.
4. Save digi images in one file on your computer labeled by maker.
5. Keep images the size they are intended by the maker. It seems to me that if they are enlarged, the quality is not as crisp.
Ok, ALLL that being said, I am new to this type of stamps and welcome any other advice a more seasoned digi stamper has to offer. These are just things I have found to be helpful.
This first card was made with a digital image from an Etsy store called All Dressed Up Stamps. The design of this card is a bit different for me but it still has Copic colored Images, which I love! It is based on a sketch from CASE this sketch. I will be linking it up!
I printed the image on Express It cardstock for Copics. The sentiment is by Avery Elle and the sequence is by Doodlebug. I covered the holes in the sequence with Liquid Pearls. The small pearls are from my old stash. For the lines on the lower left, I first drew lines in pencil to be sure I was going to like this detail. I then traced the lines with my Copic Mulitliner two or three times skipping part of the lines randomly. I also covered the heart on her dress with Glossy Accents.
This is a Tiddly Inks image colored with Copics. The sentimet is stamped with Lawn Fawn Milo’s Alphabet. I used a Sizzix Texture Plate and dies from Simon Says Stamp. The ribbon and the pearls are from my old stash!
Be sure to give Digi stamps a try! If I can figure it out, anyone can!