Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Favorite Things ‘Get Sketchy’!

ETA - I must have missed the link up by just a few minutes!! What a bummer.....



For some odd reason I am actually ahead on making seasonal cards. I have given all five of my kidos their back to school cards. I even have a few Halloween cards made – in part, I believe, because of the awesome new My Favorite Things release of so many adorable Halloween stamps and dies.
And today, I can hardly believe it, I made a Christmas card! Really, I did! Hopefully, Ill even get a head start on my Christmas shopping! …probably not!

                                                     IMG_0579
The pattern paper is by Studio Calico. I die cut the stars from the MFT Die-Namics Star STAX and I uses one of the circle die STAX to cut our the circle. I uses ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon under the banner which is also cut from a MFT die. The sentiment is from the Delicious Birthday stamp set by MFT. The ribbon I used to ‘attach’ the stars is from Doodlebug and the rhinestones are a Dollar Store find!

I did not have cardstock to match the ribbon so to make the base of the card I simply colored a line around the edge with a Copic Marker and mounted the white dry embossed paper ( with an embossing folder by Sizzix) on top. For the banner I sponged ‘Peacock Frathers’ Distress Ink onto cardstock and then stamped the sentiment with Versamark and covered it with white Hero Arts Embossing powder, then heated it.

To make the stars I first die cut them from cardstock then I pushed them into my Versamark Ink pad making sure they were totally covered. I then sprinkled silver embossing powder over them and heat them with my heat gun. When they were still hot I again sprinkled more silver embossing powder over them. This creates a thick, solid looking surface and great shine!
                                                                            IMG_0581
I made this card based off of the sketch over at the Wednesday Stamp Blog for MFT.
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...