Friday, July 18, 2014

Back to blogging!

I've been thinking the last few months of starting a blog. A place to post some of my cards and other crafty creations and maybe connect with a few fellow crafters. I am not a big Facebook person nor have I ever been on Twitter. But I love to write and take pictures so, blogging makes the most sense to me.
A little about me...  I have always loved paper and stamps and glue and scissors and the like. I remember when I was little there was a stationary store at our local mall. I loved it. Lot's of paper in every imaginable color and size with envelopes to match. Erasers of every shape and color and even smell. Simply amazing in my young self.
I first discovered " grown-up" stamps when I was 20 something. Bought as many as I could afford... And even some I could not not afford! Wood block stamps, the only stamps which existed at the time, were quite expensive! Once I had kids, I got into scrapbooking but never lost my love of stamps and always tried to incorporate them into my pages. Lately, I have been back into my stamps, making cards and working on my own version of project life. Its my therapy. It's a need.We have five kids between both Hubby and I and he understands this totally. I am very lucky!

I have been cranking out cards like crazy lately, but I seem to have an issue with mailing them! Anyone else that way?

Here are a few of the latest....
These stamps are soooooo old!!! ...seems to be a theme with this card. The crow, which is colored with Prismacolor Pencils, is by Stamps by Judith and I am  not sure who made the numbers bar. The sentiment is by Kaiser Crafts and is not too, too old. I do remember when I bought the set it came with it I thought I would NEVER use it. Well it fits this card perfectly if you as me. Paper is by Prima. Cardstock is Bazzill.

My goal with this blog it to post something every few days or so and to simply have some fun. I hope to hear from other creative folks and maybe learn a thing or two. I may even try to make a video someday soon. Seems a little adventurous for this 41 year old but I ma sure one of my kids will help! They seem to know it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...