Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nemo Love

My daughter was/is in love with the Disney movie Finding Nemo. I promise you she has watched it in its entirety no less then 500 times. Honestly, she just turned 13 and still hardly a day goes by when Nemo is not referenced or quoted in some capacity. When I saw the new fish stamps by Simon Says Stamp I knew I had to get these for this reason.

When my order arrived, I sat down to make her a card but I seemed to have some kind of creative block. The unfinished circles you see on the card sat on my desk for a week while I sat staring at them each and every night….thinking…wondering…waiting for some type of inspiration. Finally, I figured I would just wing it. If I did something which ruined the circles I could just make them again.

Once the card was done, I sat it in front of me so I could fully check out this fun but true labor of love. And guess who happens to peek her head around the corner….my daughter! ‘Oooo..what’s that?’ she said before I could even flip the card face down. She picked it up and ran her hand across the top. ‘Who is this for?” she asked. As if she were really wondering…..

At least I didn’t have to make an envelope…

 

                                          IMG_0413

 

Colored with copics

Distress Inks

White Embossing powder

‘Just’ – The Alley Way Stamps

Polka dot background stamp – Inkadinkado

My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Dies

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebekah,

    We have a feature on our Simon Says Stamp blog called 'Spotted' where we showcase the awesome talents of some of our customers!

    I would love to feature your 'Just Keep Swimming' card that you shared on your blog in our August feature and just wanted to check if that would be okay with you.

    If you could email me back and let me know as soon as you can at marketing at simonsaysstamp dot com, that would be great.

    Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Thanks so much!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...