Thursday, August 14, 2014

15 Already????

Yep…my baby is going to turn 15 this weekend. Certain ways I look at him, he still looks just like the baby they laid on my belly all those years ago. For instance, his feet! The kid was born almost able to fit in to the same size Air Jordon’s and DC shoes he wears now. All the cute little powder blue, soft soled booties I bought while I was pregnant, well, they had to be returned.

Last year Hubby, the kids and I wanted to add chickens and ducks to our little, rural family home. My sweet, crazy, loud and sometimes obnoxious teenaged boy’s gentile side came out. He loved them as babies and still loves them now. So, just for fun, I thought the chickens should ‘make’ him a card for his birthday! Here is what I , oops,I mean, ‘they’ made…….

 

                                           DSCN1048

The red frame die cut is from this Simon Says Stamp set and the adorable chickens are from the Birthday Farm Animals stamp set and are colored with Copics. The twine is from Pretty Pink Posh and the pattern paper is from PB&J by Basic Grey. The banner die cut is from My Favorite things and I used an EK Success punch for the speech bubble and added a dotted line with a Copic Mulitliner. The package is covered with Smooch pearlized top coat. The ‘Party at the nest’ sentiment is from an old set in my stash and I am not sure who makes it.

 

Hope he likes it!! Now, I have to figure out a way for the chickens to sign it!!  Any guesses to what type of chickens we have???

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...