Monday, August 4, 2014

Color Challenge–Aqua, Lime and White

Found a very cool blog for color challenges - The Card Concept! I stumbled upon them after commenting on a few cards in different galleries I check out regularly. I LOVE the combo for this week…and the inspiration photo! Beautiful! Perhaps my favorite color combos ever. It also helped me get over the rainbow groove I have been in lately!

                                     

Beautiful, huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading more of the blog and checking out their amazing team, I figured out my style over-all is ‘Clean and Layered’. At times I add a few more embellies…

2. Clean and Layered


Definition:
  • clean lines
  • lots of layers
  • designer papers/embossing
  • embellishments/accents
  • clean and fresh looking
  • some coloured images at times
  • white space

Here is what I came up with for the challenge …

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        DSCN1015   
The pattern papers are from Basic Grey and Echo Park and the die cut wave, border and balloons are by My Favorite Things. The bow die is from Memory Box. I am not sure who makes the bakers twine but the sweet little hearts are from Chickaniddy Crafts. The small dots have been in my stash forever and are actually pearls which I colored with my G99 Copic Marker. LOVE that tat can be done! It has saved me a ton of $$$ just having to buy gems/pearls in clear or white.
I could not find the right shade of green for the background paper, so I made it myself by inking white cardstock with Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks.

Now off to check out the other entries in the challenge!!!


1 comment:

  1. So so cute! The hearts are super cute! I think I need some! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...